CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Santa Lucia

About one week ago Dave woke me up early on the weekend to celebrate Santa Lucia. What is Santa Lucia you ask? Well Dave told me that it is a Swedish holiday to get the town ready and excited that Christmas is coming. A little girl goes around the town dressed in a white dress with a wreath with lit candles on her head, singing and bringing pastries and hot drink to everyone in the town. Dave's family celebrated it while growing up and decided to introduce it to me this year. It was lots of fun. He woke me up and took me out to the kitchen where he had candles lit, doughnuts to eat, and yummy mint truffle hot chocolate to drink. I think that this might be a new tradition.








3 comments:

JW said...

Wow, that sounds like a fun tradition. I might need to do something like that.
-Kristin

Chelsie said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. What a thoughtful husband you have.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

that is soooooooooo cute! I love traditions!